Thursday, April 19, 2012

A nice budget hotel??

I have been checking several hotels ..........but as always can%26#39;t decide between any of them. Do you have any recomendation about a nice hotel around 70 or less euros?



Also can someone tell me about the weather in Rothemburg .



Thanks !!




|||



Oh my gosh, have I got the place for you. We stayed in Rothenburg last year and stayed in a B%26amp;B, less than a 5 minute walk just outside the walls. The hosts are Karin and Hans Weiss who are a deilghtful couple who open up there beautiful home to guests. Karin pampers and spoils her guests with love and friendliness. She speaks perfect English and puts out a breakfast spread like you wouldn%26#39;t believe. She stocks a small fridge with free beer and drinks for all of ther guests. You will be treated better here than ANY hotel anywhere. She rents rooms with private or shared baths. The price?? 44E per night-such a deal! Check out her site:



www.haus-karin.de





I promise you will not regret it!




|||



I just came back home from




|||



I just came back home from Rothenburg ob der Tauber. I shall recommend Gasthof %26quot;Goldener Greifen%26quot;. It%26#39;s family-run and I received great hospitality. It%26#39;s located in the center of the town. You see the Rathaus when you step out of this hotel, but the room fare is inexpensive. I like the old-fashioned German interior of this hotel. You can get more info from their website: www.gasthof-greifen.rothenburg.de.





The weather was cool in the morning and at night, so don%26#39;t forget to bring a coat.




|||



If you have a car, I can suggest a truly unique place to stay...



It%26#39;s called Burg Colmberg (Castle Colmberg) and it%26#39;s about a 20 minute drive outside of Rothenberg. The history of the castle can be traced as far back as 1318, and it%26#39;s one of our favorite places that we%26#39;ve ever stayed. I think a double room runs between 70-110 Euro. I highly recommend this place. You can see it at:





http://www.burg-colmberg.de/index_e.html




|||



Hi, I am not sure if you have left for Rothenburg or not but I would recommend Altfraenkishe Weinstube. romanticroad.com/altfraenkische-weinstube/en…



I have pictures posted on tripadvisor under the hotel name. This place is very romantic. When we went the first day was warm but then a storm came in , rained for about 10 minutes, and then the weather was a nice 70-75 F. Make sure you pack a jacket just in case.




|||



We just stayed at Burg Colmberg on December 19, 2006 and December 20, 2006 after reading about it in Budget Travel magazine. We booked a less expensive room with breakfast for 95 Euros. The room was on the 3rd floor and had a wonderful view. Very quaint decor (small, but servicable). Unfortunately, being on the 3rd floor meant quite a trip up several flights of stairs (2 per floor), and you have to carry your luggage yourself, although we did get some assistance for which we were grateful. Also, the night we arrived, the restaurant was closed, so the closest place to eat was in Rotenburg . However it was all together a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone - who can climb stairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment