Saturday, April 21, 2012

itinerary assistance

Any help or guidance for the following is appreciated:





I will land in Munich on a Friday in February. I am staying at a hotel near the train station. I want to take a train to Nuremberg on a Sunday for a showing of an opera at the Nuremberg Opera House. I am staying at the Maritim Sunday evening and then plan to leave Nuremberg on Monday, take a train to Kulmbach, from there to Porbitsch to visit my ancestral home for the day and then back to Munich where I%26#39;ll finish out the week touring the city. Neuschwanstein and Dachau are two sights I would like to catch at some time during my stay. I have never been to Germany and want to see as many sights as I can. Obviously I will have only a day to visit Nuremberg.





I would be grateful for any help.




|||



www.bahn.de is your friend!



Munich-Nürnberg with Bayern-Ticket (Search on this website for the Bayern-Ticket, it has been mentioned quite often). Nürnberg-Kulmbach, again a Bayern ticket trip. Pörbitsch is really close (like 2 miles) to Kulmbach, so there might be a bus going that way or you just take a taxi from the train station. If you go Kulmbach-Munich on the same day as Nürnberg-Kulmbach the Bayern ticket is still valid, but it takes quite long with the regional trains. You might think of taking an ICE either from Bamberg or Lichtenfels to Munich and pay extra for that leg and get there faster. Munich-Neuschwanstein, again a Bayern-ticket trip (search this site for details). Dachau can be reached by Munichs public transport system (S2 to Dachau from there to the KZ memorial site it is a 30 min walk or a 10 min bus ride.



After your week you%26#39;ll be an expert in public transport.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 19, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment