Wednesday, April 25, 2012

hostels in winter

I%26#39;m trying to decide between staying at a hostel or a hotel in early January. The hostel is David%26#39;s Cosy Hostel near the Birkenstrasse stop (in Tiergarten I think). I am traveling alone, it seems friendly and the price is definitely right. I don%26#39;t mind a hostel type accomodation as long as there is good heat and hot showers. Has anyone else had experience with Berlin hostels or this one in particular in winter? One I stayed in Ireland in the spring was chilly, but a friend said she had no problems at one in Munich in the winter.




|||



There is a third and cheaper option. Look at www.couchsurfing.com and www.hospitalityclub.com. I cant recommend them from personal experience but I think a lot of people would.




|||



Thanks -- I know about couchsurfing.com and the hotel mgmt schools aren%26#39;t always a great deal less expensive.




|||



Don%26#39;t know the hostel you mentioned. There are so many in Berlin.



But you won%26#39;t run into problems with



%26gt; as long as there is good heat and hot showers



From what I%26#39;ve seen personally (The Circus, EastSeven) the standard of the Berlin hostels is very high.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 17, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment