Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Beer help

My daughter and I stayed at the Tryp Hotel in Paul Heyser Strasse in October. In the minibar in our room was this realy excellent beer which I have forgotten the name of. All I remember is that it began with a %26quot;V%26quot;. I have tried asking the hotel by e mail but have received no answer. If anyone can tell me what it is called I would be really grateful. Thanks very much.




|||



Please help me. It was wonderful stuff and I want to see if it is possible to order it on the internet because I have never seen it in Scotland. Please I am DESPERATE-:)




|||



Could it be that this has been a %26quot;generic%26quot; term like



Vollbier



Volksfestbier



describing types of beer?





Volksfestbier would be the mostlikely one in October, as this is the beer of the season brewed for the beer festivals. Nearly all breweries running a tent on one of the beer festivals will have such a beer in their product list in autumn. Generally less strong than the normal beer (thus the guest can drink more, i.e. higher turnover). But otherwise quite different from brewery to brewery.





%26quot;V%26quot; is not the most common letter in Germany. From the breweries in Bavaria this could be:



Veldensteiner XY



Viechtacher XY



Valley XY



(XY for the type of beer, e.g. Lager, Pils etc.)





Than there is Veltins. One of the biggest breweries in Germany.



But this brewery is from the Sauerland. Not from Bavaria. Normally Veltins is not considered as drinkable in Bavaria. Would at least explain why the hotel won%26#39;t admit that the have Veltins in the minibar.



http://www.veltins.de




|||



Thanks abalda - It was definately the name of a beer rather than a generic term. Veltins is the closest to what I remember but I now have in my mind something like Veltners or Vetners. I%26#39;ll google %26quot;Veltins%26quot; and see if I can see a picture of a bottle maybe that will jog my memory. FD




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 pm, August 18, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment