Monday, April 23, 2012

DB ticket machine?

i don-t have an EC card. How is one suppose to purchase a ticket costing 14€ from the machines (english translation) if the only accepted form of payment is with an EC card, and cash is not an option?



for a ticket that costs 27€, visa is no problem with these machines.



i would haved never figure out how to purchase a price level B ticket from the German only machines(grey faced) - that happened yesterday btw.



just wondering.




|||



Those ticket machines are rubbish! I have no idea how non-German speakers make sense of them (even with being able to select languages). I arrived in Düsseldorf one evening and the DB counter was just closing. I was told I could get a ticket at the machine...Ha! I wanted to go to Bonn and Bonn didn%26#39;t even feature on the list! I know it%26#39;s not the capital anymore (Heavens, I spent part of my childhood there) but to wipe it off the face of the earth is just something else! I just got on the train being prepared to pay the extra on the train for not having a ticket. Seems you can%26#39;t do that anymore either! I was lucky and wasn%26#39;t kicked off. Don%26#39;t know what DB is thinking of! Travelling over in a few hours, here%26#39;s fingers crossed...!




|||



There was a man who tried to purchase a 1,40€ ticket with his visa card from the machine and unable to do it - he tried from 2 different machines. I watched him to see if I was doing something wrong. I saw only an EC card was the only form of payment accepted, but he had no clue since he tried to do it from another machine as well. He finally purchased it from the one that accepts cash and is in German only.





Luckily, there was a DB agent who purchased it for me from the machine in German only, which accepts cash. But he wasnt really sure as he motioned me to the DB counter and was saying einfahrt or something to that affect rather than a day ticket. anyway we missed the train i wanted to take and took one 30 mins later.





By the way Clauds, we stayed in Bonn for one night and like the city a lot - from the rhine Promenade to the University and the large garden, grassy areas next to it and Munsterbasilica. wonderful!




|||



Hey, Suburbanite, I%26#39;m just back from 5 days in Bonn and am catching up on TA. Thanks for your kind comments on Bonn!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 17, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment