Tuesday, April 24, 2012

First time in Berlin - Which walking tour? Pub-Crawl Tour?

We are trying to decide between %26quot;Insidertour%26quot; and %26quot;Brewersberlintours%26quot;.



I visited their websites but are still not sure if there is a big defference between them.



Can anyone comment on Brewers half-day tour as opposed to their full day tour. What about InsideTour?





Also we are interested in the Pub-Crawl tour. My concern is: Is this tour mostly for guys on a night out??



All references I found in the forum were from guys on a stag weekend...We are a couple in our thirties and I wouldn%26#39;t want to take the tour if is not appropriate : )




|||



My wife and I went on the Insidertour half day tour a couple of weekends ago and would recommend it. Were both 40 and found it very interesting. It lasts about 4 hours (with a half hour break) which was about right as theres a lot of walking involved (may not be so great if the weather is bad).





We didn%26#39;t go on the pub-crawl, but the guide described it to us and it didn%26#39;t strike me as a guy only thing. However we found plenty of pubs to crawl about during the weekend without any help.





Give me a shout if you want any more info.




|||



Thank you for the reply - I had given up on receiving one.



I think I just needed some extra re-assurance. We%26#39;ll take the half day tour! And probably the pub one for fun...




|||



I%26#39;m not sure whether this is helpful as we didn%26#39;t take a tour in Berlin, but we did come across the same tour group at a couple of locations and the layout looked a lot like the Insidertour you mention.





If it is, then the guy taking the tour was extremely enthusiastic and knowlegeable from the bits we heard and visited some of the out of the way places you don%26#39;t always find on your own. Please post a trip report when you get back if you were happy with it as it helps other tourists.




|||



Thank you for your input.





We don%26#39;t normally take tours as we enjoy exploring on our own. But since we have limited time in Berlin (we are there for New Year%26#39;s) we decided we should try one. I keep reading good things about them so we are going for it.





I will be a %26quot;good%26quot; TA member and post my opinions upon my return. I used TA for the past three years but always forget to post reviews (it is always crazy when you come back from vacation) - BUT THIS YEAR I WILL.





Thanks!!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, August 19, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment