Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Base at Kaiserslautern

We we%26#39;re stationed in Kaiserslautern from 1969 to 1972. Anyone ielse stationed in the Army at that time?? Is there still



a base their. We plan on making a trip[ back next month.




|||



we weren%26#39;t stationed there that long ago, lol but from 99-2002, so yes there is still a post there, it%26#39;s the biggest one in germany. Good luck on your trip.




|||



Yeah, it is the bigest US installation outside the mainland. Check out the link below of the current bases / kasernes:





kaiserslautern.de/Anwendung/…PPRA-52VCMG-DE-p





also, here%26#39;s a link to a local community guide %26amp; stuff that you might need or look into while you are in the area.





www.kmcguide.com




|||



Was there from 1961 to 1963 and loved every minute of it, Will see it again in four months




|||



Does anyone know a hotel close to Daener Kaserne?




|||



We%26#39;re stationed here in Kaiserslautern now. Ramstein is going through lots of changes right now-it%26#39;s getting bigger all the time. What would you like to know? I%26#39;d love to help you!




|||



I%26#39;m PCSing to Ramstein at the end of the month and I%26#39;ll be living off base. I know this sounds weird but I%26#39;ve lived in hotels since moving out at 18. Do you know of any hotels in the city that rent monthly and at what prices? I know I%26#39;ll be getting about $1100/month to live off base. What are some good areas if hotels aren%26#39;t available? I would like to live near downtown Kaiserslautern or in Kaiserslautern. I dont like to drive but love to walk and shop so something close to stores, restaurants and pool halls if possible. How close is the base? Are there any nice parks near apartments/hotels? This will be my first time in Germany, thanks for any help...you can also e-mail me at thomas.baker@osan.af.mil




|||



Thomas---



I sent you an email at your address, but here the info.





www.kaiserslauternamerican.com is the local newspaper



www.finditnet.com is the local phone book




|||



My Wife and I are planning a trip the summer of 2005 to Germany, As I was stationed in Permisens which I believe part of Kaserslautern, I was stationed thier in 1968 to 1969 in the Army. I found a couple of web sites and a live web cam looking at the Bldg%26#39;s I was at. Although it is not a Army base anymore. I want to see the bavaria part of germany the most. If you have any comments on your trip please feel free to post them or email me, As I am just starting to plan a trip. thanks, ronf




|||



Hey I would like to know if there is any Hotel or Inn that Is very close to Daener Kaserne I will be having Rand R soon I %26#39;m Station In Iraq , Thanks Arch7005


Arch12115@msn.com




|||



Hi ronf,





the town you were stationed is called PIRMASENS and is about 35 min. by car from K-town. You also can go there by train.





Wishing you and your wife a happy time in Germany





cheers



Luna



ibzmonamour@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment