Thursday, April 19, 2012

Berlin Apartment Advice

We%26#39;ve never been to Berlin before and are looking for a short-term apartment rental (4 nights) for August 2007. My wife and I are traveling with her 85-year old mother. We would like 2 bedrooms. We were interested in staying in Mitte to be relatively close to the sites we%26#39;d want to visit and to make it easy to get back to the apartment for my mother-in-law (or my wife and I) to rest.





We%26#39;ve found two that interest us. One is on Wilhelmstrasse just south of the Unter den Linden and the other is on Schonhauseralle just north of the Rosa-Luxemburg Platz. Which place would be better for restaurants, access to sites, and quiet. I assume we%26#39;ll need to sleep with the windows open in August and I%26#39;%26#39;m a little concerned about noise.





I%26#39;m open to other suggestions to, if you have them.






|||



Wilhemstrasse is more central and really close to many sights.





Schönhauser Allee would be close to the nightlife in Prenzlauer Berg. But in your case I would opt for Wilhelmstrasse.




|||



Hi,



both locations are perfectly fine. Wilhelmstr. might be closer to some sights but Schönhauser Allee is much better when it comes to restaurants and access to local transport. All in all I%26#39;d prefer Schönhauser Allee!





I think you mean these apartments:



http://www.schoenhouse.de ???




|||



Thank you. Yes, that%26#39;s the web address for the Schonhauseralle apartments. The one on Wilhemstrasse is apartmentservice.de/en/house/103-apartments-…





Are you familiar with either one?




|||



Hi,



unfortunately I don%26#39;t know any of these apts. I only can say that if I was a tourist I%26#39;d like the location of the Schoenhouse better. It%26#39;s still close to the sights but it is in an authentic and lively neighbourhood and much better when it comes to restaurants. Two of the most popular areas for eating out, Hackescher Markt and Kollwitzplatz are both in walking distance.





The apartments in Wilhelmstr. might be quieter, though and they are closer to the most important sights like Reichstag or Brandenburger Tor.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 23, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment