Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Berlin hotels

Thanks again for all the helpful information concerning my Berlin-Prague trip.





For Berlin do any of you have any opinions of the following hotels:



1. Park Inn Alexanderplatz



2. Savoy



3. Derag Hotel Grosser Kurfuerst



4. Courtyard Berlin City Center



5. Art%26#39;otel Berlin Mitte





runcible




|||



You might take a look at the Intercontinental as depending when you are going it can be 100 euro a night ,probably not much more than some you listed ,their east wing rooms are lovely,modern and very clean you might even get one with a view over the Tiergarten(stunning) Happy holidays




|||



I%26#39;m bumping this post up as I too would be interested to read about any opinions about the hotels Runcible has listed!




|||



I just returned from Berlin, where I stayed at the Derag Henriette, a comfortable place in a good location (just a few blocks from Unter Den Linden, etc.). I would stay there again without hesitation.





Unfortunately I missed one of my nights in Berlin because I was stranded on the Prague-Berlin train during the big storm! A five hour trip turned into eighteen hours, so almost any hotel would have been delightful after that, though I really did like the Henriette.






|||



Sorry to hear you got stuck on the train from Prague to Berlin. If I recall correctly, I previously told you on the Prague Forum what an enjoyable trip it was, but I guess I was way off on that one! Anyway, I hope you truly enjoyed your visit to Berlin when you finally arrived. It really is a fabulous city.




|||



It was just bad luck that the storm happened to strike when it did. If I had taken the earlier train from Prague, which had been my intention, I might have made it to Berlin before the German train system was shut down.





You probably know that the brand new, billion dollar Berlin Hauptbahnhof was shut down and evacuated that night because of structural damage. The next morning my train had to stop at Schoenefeld instead.




|||



We stayed in a reasonably priced hotel (which included a good breakfast) called Dorient Novatel Berlin am Tiergarten it was a good price from the hotel web site: check my review out from early November on TA.





Really easy to get around from it since it was right across the road from the Sbahn station.





It was clean and new!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, August 22, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment