Thursday, April 19, 2012

Suckling Pig, which restaurant has the best?

I%26#39;ve been going to Munchen for many years and am hooked on two Bavarian specialties: Spanferkl [roast suckling pig] and Vommell[pork belly]. Pardon the spelling.



Anyone else out there also love these artery busters and have recommendations or favorite places where they are served.



I%26#39;m going back in June. Might these dishes be out of season then?




|||



I was hoping that you would get an answer to this.





Someone mentioned a few days back on the board that the Ratskellar had typical Bavarian dishes of which Spanferkel was one. I checked the online menu and found it.





I was telling my wife about the dish after that. We married after my first tour to Deutschland, when I was partial to this wonderful dish. We were planning to check out the Ratskellar and see if we liked it there.





Good luck with your search.





Regards, Gary




|||



The Ratskeller has generally good food. I think the suckling pig is excellent at the Lowenbrau Keller. For a real pig speciality, though, I urge you to go just of the Marienplatz to the Haxenbauer, to get the Pig Knuckle roast slowly on a spit over a beechwood fire. Incredible! They also do Veal Knuckle, or you can go with the 50/50 split.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 24, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment