Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Green Vault tickets

We are visiting Dresden in late November and would like to visit the newly opened Green Vault. How does one obtain tickets in advance? We will have only one day there. Anything else we shouldn%26#39;t miss?




|||



skd-dresden.de/en/…gruenes_gewoelbe.html




|||



Thanks for the web address! Can you recommend 3 or 4 other sights in Dresden we could see in one long day? the last time we were in Dresden the Wall was still up..We want to see the city now with its restoration.




|||



I suggest going on the Vault%26#39;s site



skd-dresden.de/en/museen/gruenes_gewoelbe/On…



and keep returning. I just got tickets for next week, although for 3 days it said there were tix only for Dec and then Jan.




|||



Check out the NY Times Travel section of 9/24, it has a whole page on Dresden and some good suggestions.




|||



I%26#39;ve been trying to buy tix online for the end of December and i%26#39;m advised there%26#39;s nothing available till 11 January. What%26#39;s up with that?




|||



You can order tickets online. I tried the web site last week, but the earliest available date is already in 2007. According to my friend in Dresden, getting the tickets on the day (around 200 tickets are sold each day) when you are there should not be a problem.




|||



Rapallo, sorry, but the tickets are sold out early every morning. They open the cash desk at 10 am, but the first guys show up at 6 am to make sure they get tickets. In case you arrive after 9 am you have no chance.




|||



But my friend went there for me last week. She got there 10ish in the morning, and was able to get tickets timed at 17:00. I am traveling there late in Oct. and will find it out.




|||



I need ticketsto the Green Vault for Dec. 28, 29 or 30 for me and my teenage son. If anyone can tell me how to get them, they%26#39;re sold out online till mid-January 2007. Thanks.





Is it possible they%26#39;ll be sold outside by resellers?




|||



We were there on Friday, Oct. 20. Got there around 10 am. There was a long line already. After about 45 minutes waiting, we were able to get the tickets, with choices of 13:30 through 18:00, on the day. There was a big screen, behind cash desk, showing the number of tickets available at each time period (every half hour).

No comments:

Post a Comment