Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bavarian Ticket to Innsbruck?

Help, I am trying to find out if the Bavarian Ticket can be used to go to Innsbruck from Munich? Also, is the Saxon Ticket good to go from Dresden to Prague? I will be in Bavaria and Austria for 5 weeks traveling with public transportation exclusively. I have a 6 day U-rail pass for Germany/Austria and will use the Bavarian Länder Ticket for most of my trips. I have a busy trip planned (probably too much), but I want to get as much out of 5 weeks as I can. I do come to Germany on vacation at least once each year, but I have in the past only had 10 days of time to use. I just retired and am going to spend as much time in Europe as I can (a lot of it will be in Germany plus Ireland and Scotland), or for as long as I can still handle a backpack and afford hostels. Any other information you can give will be a help. Thanks




|||



As far as I know the Bavaria ticket is only good to the border at Kufstein.





Going skiing last month we bought our ticket from Kufstein to our Austrian destination on line and printed it out so we didn%26#39;t have to get off the train at Kufstein to buy it.





However the stopping trains from Munich to Innsbruck are much slower then the expresses.




|||



%26gt; Help, I am trying to find out if the Bavarian Ticket can be used to go to Innsbruck from Munich?



Bavaria Ticket covers the trip only till Kufstein or Mittenwald.



The route via Mittenwald is more scenic.



Single ticket with local trains



Munich - Kufstein is EUR 15,60



Munich - MIttenwald is EUR 19,10



Bavaria Ticket Single is EUR 19,00



==%26gt; at least for a single traveller this makes no real sense





%26gt; Also, is the Saxon Ticket good to go from Dresden to Prague?



No. Again only up to border, in this case Bad Schandau. And this distance is even shorter than above.





Europe Special Ticket Dresden - Prague for EUR 19,00 is here a good deal.



reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en…




|||



Thanks for your information. I need all the help I can get. I am not a beginning traveler in Germany and I speak a limited amount of German (I was stationed in Nürnberg in the early 60%26#39;s), but there are specific things I need to know and I can%26#39;t get the information from most travel agencies. Besides, when they hear that I am not booking hotels through them, they won%26#39;t do much to help. I am hoping to spend a couple of months in Germany each year (one month in the spring and one month in either the fall or winter (Christmas markets - I never get tired of them). Having a source like you and the others is invaluable. Thanks again.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment