Tuesday, April 17, 2012

airbus routes?

For both Tegel and Schoenefeld airports, is there an airbus that goes into Berlin?





Is there a website in English with a map or can anyone here tell me where exactly do these buses stop at in Berlin?





I%26#39;m thinking of staying in the east near the historical sites and it%26#39;d be great to know I could get a bus not too far away from where I%26#39;d be staying - this information would help me decide where to stay as well.





Also how often do the airbuses depart and between what hours of the day and night?





Thanks and I look forward to your reply.




|||



Hi,



there is a very good inside article.... this should answer all your questions.





:-)





tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187323-s301/Berlin:G…




|||



Airbuses land at both airports. As well as planes from Boeing.





BVG (Berlin public transport) in English



http://www.bvg.de/index.php/en/Bvg/Start





Berlin has a fully intergrated public transport system. If you buy e.g. a single ticket (EUR 2,10) you can reach any place in Berlin. Covered are all means of local public transport:



- local trains: RegionalBahn RB and RegionalExpress RE



- S-Bahn



- U-Bahn



- trams



- buses



and even some ferries. It plays no role how often you need to change to reach your destination.





Tegel (TXL) is only served by buses. Schönefeld (SXF) mainly by local trains and S-Bahn. Schönefeld is served 24 hours. Tegel not as the airport closes for some hours during the night.





BVG timetable



fahrinfo-berlin.de/fahrinfo/bin/query.bin/en…



From: TXL



From: SXF





The %26quot;JetExpress Bus TXL%26quot; connects Tegel with the City Centre East, e.g. Alexanderplatz. But you can reach Alexanderplatz also directly by local trains or S-Bahn from Schönefeld.





BVG street map showing also public transport



http://www.fahrinfo-berlin.de/




|||



BVG street map showing also public transport



http://www.fahrinfo-berlin.de/gis/index.jsp




|||



thanks for your links and info, very helpful indeed!




|||



Personally, I find Tegel the most straightforward re travel links. The TXL express bus stops right outside the airport and its an enjoyable route in, passing many of the historical sights and terminates at Alexanderplatz.





Schoenenfeld is connected to Berlin by rail, either via the Express service or the Regional line and go via Alexanderplatz, which in turn has S and U-bahn links to most areas in the east (plus both trains stop at other major stops inc Ostbahnhof and Hauptbanhof I believe?)





I still get confused at Schoenenfeld though, regarding which platform to go to, which is why I prefer Tegel.





Regardless where you stay or via which route, Berlin is a very easy city to get around in though, so you shouldn%26#39;t have a problem getting to your destination.




|||



Thanks for your replies.





Oh dear, it is Schoenenfeld that I%26#39;ll be travelling to, but thanks for the tip, it gives me a chance now to acquaintance myself with the railway links so hopefully it%26#39;ll be alright on the night!




|||



I think if you are more organised than I, and check which platform to go to beforehand, you should have no problem at Schoenenfeld! I am so used to UK railway stations which have a big bulletin board to announce platforms, that I assumed it would be the same in Germany.





The inside article link posted by Solid8 looked to be very informative and useful regarding this. I will have to remember that for my next trip!




|||



%26gt;I am so used to UK railway stations which have a big bulletin board to announce platforms, that I assumed it would be the same in Germany.





The plattforms are fix and posted on the departure (yellow) and arrival (white) sheets together with departure/arrival times, destinations etc. It is not as confusing as in UK where you have to wait until a few minutes before departure and then race to the track... It is useful to check the departure bulletin board nevertheless, since sometimes there may be plattform changes for technical reasons, but it is pretty rare. And Schoenefeld airport station is not THAT large anyway.




|||



altamiro - where are the departure and arrival information sheets at Schoenenfeld station? I looked for something like this and couldn%26#39;t find anything.





I was surprised that there was no information counter at Schoenenfeld station, similar to that at Alexanderplatz and Zoo. Considering its the first place that tourists to Berlin arrive at - I%26#39;ve seen many confused tourists wandering round the station looking for help, so I know I%26#39;m not the only one!



If memory serves correct, there was a BVG counter at Tegel airport but not at Schoenenfeld?





Regards to which system is the more confusing, I guess it just depends what one is used to! ;-)



In major UK stations, I always find it amusing and at the same time frustrating, that the platform I need is always at the opposite end of the station that I%26#39;m on - the frantic dash is all part of the experience! :-)




|||



%26gt;altamiro - where are the departure and arrival information sheets at Schoenenfeld station? I looked for something like this and couldn%26#39;t find anything.





I can%26#39;t remember where exactly they were as I only went from Berlin to the airport, not in the opposite direction, but there is no German station (no matter how tiny) without the obligatory yellow departure sheets. Arrival sheets are restricted to larger stations, where some or many trains begin or end.





And don%26#39;t remind me of the mad dashes across a station - I have spent a few weeks commuting between East Croydon and Victoria station in London. It was of course absolutely necessary to put the electronic departure board as far away as possible from the tracks where the trains to Croydon depart...

No comments:

Post a Comment